Asheyna

Asheyna

Eat What You Love - Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
Michelle May
Ultraviolet - R.J. Anderson Holy mother of whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!First off is the personal excitement of discovering that the author of my favorite fanfiction series EVER (Darkness and Light) writes full novels. To date that love story is one of my all time favorite reads EVER. You'll notice I'm using favorite a lot. It's because really... YAY!Now for this story. The book is a mind **** and a half. Please excuse the language but I can't think of another way to describe it. You know that slightly unsettled feeling that movies like Inception and the original (and only) Matrix left you with? The one where you're questioning your preconceived notions of reality and stuff? Yeah that's this book. Don't be scared, it's not such a twisty WTF journey that you're left upset and anxious all the time. Instead it's a great alternative look at sanity.I loved the heroine of this story, because I feel like she's a true heroine. She grows within the story, you feel for her. Most YA books have me wanting to stab the female lead in the face repeatedly for the choices that they make. It's like in trying to make them real and relatable they become completely stupid instead. Alison is exactly the kind of character I want to read a book about, and another, and another, and another.And just... really... please go read the book. Just do it, you won't be sad.